- Home Care Companion/Sitter provides service to individuals in their own homes and communities who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Home care may include light house cleaning, laundry, meal, preparation, transportation, companionship; respite and advice on such things as nutrition, cleanliness and household ADL’s
- Home Care Companions/Sitters are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry
- Provide companionship, friendship and emotional
- Talk, listen, share experiences, play games/cards, read to client etc.
- Help keep clients in contact with family, friends and the outside world.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery store and errands.
- Accompany clients to recreational and/or social events,
- Assist with plans for visits and
- Write or type letters/correspondence.
- Organize and read mail.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to maintaining records and completing forms.